Toyota Motor Corp. says it will build a €170 million ($167 million) engine plant in Poland. The plant, to be located near the southwestern Polish town of Wroclaw, is expected to produce up to 120,000 2L diesel engines annually for the Toyota Corolla and Avensis, which are made in the U.K. and Turkey. Production is slated to begin in 2005 and 350 jobs will be created, Toyota says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Building Engine Plant in Poland" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.