So much so that A-list celebrities clamoring to get in the driver’s seat of the latest trendy eco-icon, the Toyota Prius gas-electric hybrid, have found themselves cast in the unusual role of waiting in line. Jon Stewart, host of Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, initially didn’t bother trying to track down one of the scarce hybrids, figuring his chances of securing a new Prius were too low, says one Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. spokesman. Toyota to boost Prius production. Stewart ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Bump Up Prius Production Again" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.