SAN ANTONIO – Toyota Motor Corp. President Katsuaki Watanabe and Honorary Chairman Shoichiro Toyoda make rare public appearances in the U.S. today, as the auto maker officially opens its new $1.28 billion truck assembly plant here. “(The new Tundra) is built in America for Americans,” Watanabe says. The ’07 Toyota Tundra is the auto maker’s third attempt at creating a fullsize pickup truck. Although the Japanese auto maker has a scant 5% of the overall fullsize pickup segment in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Christens San Antonio Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.