CANBERRA – Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. is denying media reports that it will close its local assembly plant and move car production offshore if Australia signs a free-trade agreement with the U.S. Toyota Australia concerned over effect proposed free-trade agreement would have on Camry production. Toyota Australia President Ken Asano quickly issued a statement refuting reports, noting Toyota continues to invest heavily in its Australian operations. However, he says Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Concerned on Impact of Proposed U.S. Free Trade Agreement" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.