Toyota confirms the upcoming RAV4 electric vehicle will be fully assembled at its Woodstock, ON, Canada, plant, with output beginning next year. Ward’s first reported the news Aug. 3. The RAV4 EV will go down the same line as the gas-engine RAV4, already built at Woodstock. It originally was thought that final assembly of the electrified RAV4 would occur at upstart EV-maker Tesla’s Fremont, CA, plant, with Tesla installing the motor, battery, gearbox and power electrics in bodies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Confirms RAV4 Production in Woodstock" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.