ORLANDO, FL – Toyota Motor Corp.'s smallest hybrid-electric vehicle yet will be built on the Yaris platform, Akihiko Otsuka, chief engineer for the third-generation Prius, confirms in Japan. But officials on hand here for the launch of the new ’10 Prius hybrid that goes on sale here in May say Toyota’s HEV downsizing movement may not end there. Ed La Roque, national car marketing manager for Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc., says the auto makers is studying even smaller hybrids that might ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Confirms Yaris Hybrid but May Not Stop There" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.