DEARBORN – Toyota Motor Corp. is looking at replacing the slow-selling Echo with a car better fit to compete in the U.S. market’s lower small-car segment against the likes of the Chevrolet Aveo, Kia Rio and Hyundai Accent, Scion Vice President Jim Farley tells Ward’s on the sidelines of an event here to introduce the Scion tC coupe. “We need a car like that, and we’re working on it,” he says. Toyota’s Echo sales are down nearly 90%. Farley makes it clear the next Echo-sized Toyota ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Considering Echo Replacement; Exporting Scion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.