SAO PAULO — Toyota Motor Corp. is evaluating five of its vehicles that could use the same platform as the Corolla in order to add a second car to its Indaiatuba factory near here next year. Hiroyuki Okabe, president of Toyota Brasil, says one possibility is the Matrix minivan. Also under consideration is a hatchback, pickup and van. One bit of good news for Toyota is that the new tax structure will allow the price of the Corolla to be slashed US$1,250. Entry-level cars, however, will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota considers adding minivan to Brazil line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.