NEW YORK – North America, an over-the-hill, mature market for cars and trucks? Toyota's Toshiaki Taguchi says automotive business cannot exist without incentives. Don’t believe a word of it, warns Toshiaki Taguchi, president of Toyota Motor North America Inc., convinced that the conventional wisdom is unwise. “We see significant market growth continuing,” says Taguchi, a confirmed Census watcher who finds recent data heartening. In the 20 years ending 2000, the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Considers North America as Export Base" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.