SAN ANTONIO, TX – Not a shovel of earth has been moved on the site of Toyota Motor Corp.’s next automotive plant, slated to open on the outskirts of San Antonio in 2006, but officials already are angling for a Phase Two. Attorney Manuel Pelaez, the first employee of Toyota Motor Mfg. Texas Inc., says that while there are no concrete plans for a second phase, a doubling of the current planned footprint, constructed to build the next-generation Tundra fullsize pickup, would be ideal. That ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Courts Texas Phase Two" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.