The French would never admit it, but a Japanese car company is helping revive the northern region of the country left in the dust of the former industrial revolution. Nord-Pas de Calais, where Toyota has located its sparkling new Yaris assembly plant in the city of Valenciennes, has been on the wane since its mining, steel and ship repair industries started declining in the late 1960s. Unemployment soared while the area struggled to attract new development. Few dreamed that Japan’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Drives Through France with its Subcompact Yaris" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.