Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. is closing down its Toyota Racing Development (TRD) brand after only 16 months, blaming the economic environment and the need to reduce spending. Toyota Australia TRD vehicle conversions will cease as of March 31. “Toyota has a responsibility to ensure its core business activities, and the people who rely on them, are protected for the long term,” Toyota Australia Senior Executive Director David Buttner says in a statement. At the time of its launch, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Dumps Oz Performance Brand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.