Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. closed out 2008 on a sour note, with December sales plunging 36.7% based on daily rates. The December drop, coupled with nearly a year of monthly declines, cost Toyota 15.4% in volume, as 2008 sales slid to 2,217,660 units, compared with 2,620,826 in 2007. Although at the start of 2008 the auto maker forecast a volume gain of 1%-2%, “it’s clear now the economy was already in a recession,” Toyota Motor Sales President Jim Lentz says in a conference call ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Ends 2008 Down 15.4%; Toyota Brand Surpasses Chevy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.