TOKYO – When Toyota Motor Corp. introduced the Prius hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) in December 1997, many in the industry thought it was a gimmick. Now, nearly seven years later, the auto maker has sold more than 200,000 Priuses, plus another 35,000 HEV variants of the Estima, Alphard and Crown. Toyota Prius And Toyota’s HEV lineup is growing, with several new HEVs due out next year and in 2006, including the Lexus RX400h, Highlander, Sienna and Camry. Moreover, the Prius order ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Environmental Chief: CO2 Reduction Crucial" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.