Toyota Motor Corp. says it will expand its Huntsville, AL, engine plant, which began production only two months ago. The $20 million investment will add 150 jobs, raising total employment at the factory to 500 workers. The move will allow Huntsville to produce 130,000 V-6 Tacoma and Tundra pickup engines. With the new expansion, Toyota will have invested $240 million in Alabama to date. email@example.com
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Expand Alabama Engine Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.