Toyota Motor Mfg. West Virginia will expand its Buffalo, WV, plant for a fifth time, adding 150 positions to the current 1,000, through a $120 million investment, the auto maker says. The engine and transmission plant is poised to build an additional 240,000 automatic transmissions a year starting in 2007. Total automatic transmission capacity at the plant will rise to 600,000 annually. With the additional investment, Toyota will have spent $920 million at the Buffalo plant, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Expand in West Virginia for Fifth Time" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.