Toyota Motor Corp. will expand the use of an instrument-panel indicator to signal the need for an engine oil change, Ward's learns. When the vehicle exceeds 5,000 miles (8,000 km) since the previous oil change, a “MAINT” indicator light blinks for a few seconds when the vehicle is started. The indicator remains illuminated if mileage since the previous oil change exceeds 7,500 miles (12,000 km). Scion one of several new Toyotas fitted with oil-change indicator. A Toyota dealer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Expands Use of Oil-Change Indicator" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.