Toyota Motor Corp. will invest $80 million to expand its Buffalo, WV, plant to accommodate gear-making operations for automatic transmissions produced there. The move adds 184,000 sq.-ft. (17,094 sq.-m) and 50 jobs to the facility, bringing total employment to 1,000. The gear production, currently executed at a facility in Japan, will begin at the plant in 2006. Toyota Motor Mfg. West Virginia Inc. builds 4-cyl. engines for the Corolla and Matrix; V-6 engines for the Sienna and Lexus RX ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Expands West Virginia Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.