Toyota Motor Corp. says it will extend a warranty regarding engine oil buildup to cover 3.3 million engines, although the auto maker contends the problem is the result of owners not changing their oil on schedule. Toyota instituted the “goodwill gesture” back in February See related story: Toyota to Pay for Sludge Cleanup in Engines when it sent letters to 3 million U.S. owners of various ’97-’01 model Toyotas after receiving 3,000 complaints of a sludge buildup problem. The extension now ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Extends Warranty For Engine Sludge Problem" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.