Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. predicts industry sales of 1-ton pickups will fall 5% in 2008 to 385,000 units, marking the first drop in 10 years, as rising diesel prices drive buyers towards gasoline-powered cars and away from trucks. Toyota, which collates Thai sales for the industry, earlier reported first-half pickup sales slipped 1% to 181,888 units. Deliveries totaled 405,865 units last year, and Toyota had been predicting they would rise 5% this year to 428,000. Toyota Thailand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Forecasts 5% Drop in 2008 Thai Truck Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.