BIG SKY, MT – Although its Camry midsize car is more well known today, Toyota Motor Corp. got its start with the Land Cruiser SUV in the early 1950s. And it was one of two models, along with the Toyopet, Toyota brought to the U.S. when it launched Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. 50 years ago in Los Angeles. But some industry watchers questioned whether the U.S. would see a seventh generation of the large SUV. After all, sales have been declining steadily – only 3,376 units were ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Forecasts Land Cruiser Sales to More Than Double" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.