NAGOYA – Listening to Toyota Motor Corp. management discuss plans to introduce Lexus into the Japanese market is, in the words of Yankee baseball great Yogi Berra, “déjà vu all over again.” Details still are being finalized, but it is clear from a recent progress report that when the first of 180 showrooms opens next summer the focus will be on service, more service – and still more service. Toyota says Lexus dealers should be profitable in second year of operation. Toyota Managing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Gears Up for Lexus Launch in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.