LEXINGTON, KY – Toyota Motor Corp. says it has succeeded in eliminating all waste from its Georgetown, KY, assembly plant that otherwise would have ended up in a landfill. Speaking at the recent Global Automotive Conference here, Kevin Butt, chief environmental officer, outlines some of the ongoing environmental initiatives Toyota has implemented at its Georgetown facility, which builds the popular Camry, Camry hybrid-electric vehicle, Solara and Avalon. Butt says one of his first moves ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Georgetown Plant Takes Environmental Stewardship to Next Level" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.