TRAVERSE CITY, MI – Toyota Motor Corp. is sending its engineers from Japan to Los Angeles to get a taste of the North American lifestyle and vehicle market. Toyota Motor Mfg. North America President Atsushimi Niimi says the auto maker has a group of about 30 engineers in California at its Customer Quality Engineering Center. “The majority of those people came from Japan and permanently have maybe a 2- or 3-year assignment there, and some of the people came from several plants in North ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Goin to California" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.