Toyota Motor Corp. and Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. Ltd. break ground Feb. 24 on their new engine-making joint venture. Guangqi Toyota Engine Ltd. will begin production of 2.4L gas-powered engines at the beginning of next year. The Guangzhou-based JV is targeting eventual capacity of 300,000 units annually, with a first-year production goal of 25,000 engines, all of which are slated for export to Japan. The venture is capitalized at RMB1.1 billion ($132.9 million), with Toyota holding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota, Guangzhou Break Ground" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.