BIG SKY, Montana, U.S.A. — Land Cruiser, RAV-4, 4Runner, Sequoia, Tundra, and Tacoma with a double-cab entry, and soon, the Highlander. Does Toyota think it's Ford or something? Mid-size sedan leader Toyota Motor Corp. goes for the heart of the U.S. market with two new mainstream sport/utility vehicles (SUVs), a completely redesigned RAV-4 and an expanded lineup for its Tacoma pickup truck. With seven separate truck models in all, Toyota becomes the most diversified foreign automaker ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota heads for U.S. heartland with bevy of trucks" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.