Toyota Motor Engineering and Mfg. North America Inc. is increasing 4-cyl. production at its Huntsville, AL, engine plant, creating some 300 new jobs to meet demand for more fuel-efficient vehicles. The auto maker has been forced to import 4-cyls. from Japan for the Camry sedan built at its joint-venture Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. plant in Lafayette, IN, and RAV4 small cross/utility vehicle made in Woodstock, ON, Canada. Spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel says the production hike will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Hikes 4-Cyl. Engine Production in Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.