CANBERRA – The Australian auto industry in 2004 soared to its third consecutive record year, selling 955,229 new vehicles. Total sales were up 45,418 units or 4.9% on the record set in 2003. (See related story: Australia’s Sizzling 2003 Sales Break Records; 2004 to Keep Pace) Australian National Retail Sales 2004 2003 % TOTAL 955,229 909,811 4.99 Passenger 589,985 588,511 0.02 Commercial 365,244 321,300 13.67 SUV 173,087 150,578 14.94 Light trucks 163,676 146,589 11.65 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota, Holden Dominate Oz Third-Straight Annual Sales Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.