ANN ARBOR, MI – Engineers at Toyota Technical Center U.S.A. Inc. may have found a solution to the dilemma that prompted the Chrysler Group to drop the option of all-wheel drive from its minivan lineup. Chrysler forewent AWD in favor of its much-celebrated Stow ‘n Go seating, a second row that, along with the third row, folds flat into a well in the minivan’s floor. The necessity of the second-row well left no room for the drivetrain needed for AWD. Toyota Sienna But a gas-electric ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Hybrid Could Solve Minivan Dilemma" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.