Toyota Motor Corp. will idle its Georgetown, KY, and San Antonio, TX, plants for various periods over the next two months to reduce inventories. Toyota is shutting down its Georgetown, KY, operation – home to the Camry, Avalon and Venza models Feb. 26, plus possibly three more days, two in March and one day in early April. The Georgetown shutdown affects both of the plant’s lines, says Toyota spokesman Mike Goss. Toyota’s San Antonio truck facility, which builds the Tundra fullsize ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Idle Plants; NHTSA Launches Investigation" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.