SAO PAULO – Toyota Motor Corp. hopes to win a 10% market share in the Mercosur trade-pact countries of Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina – and soon Venezuela – by 2010, says Luiz Felipe Lappreia, Toyota’s international director. Toyota Corolla outselling Honda Civic in trade-pact region. Lappreia recently participated in a meeting of the governing body of Toyota in Tokyo and affirmed the auto maker plans to make new investments in Brazil to achieve its objective. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Increase Mercosur Investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.