Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly will increase production capacity at its Samrong, Thailand, plant to meet growing demand for its multipurpose vehicles. Toyota is upping the plant’s annual capacity to 300,000 units from 250,000 by adding a new paint shop at the end of the month, says Dow Jones Newswires. The five cars and trucks the plant produces fall under Toyota’s Innovative International Multi-Purpose Vehicle, or IMV, project, which was launched last year. The Thailand facility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Increasing Production Capacity in Thailand by 50,000 Units" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.