Toyota Motor Corp. says it has developed the world’s first rear-seat center airbag to help reduce the severity of passenger injuries in a side-impact crash. The new Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) airbag is fitted in a large, fixed rear-seat center console. The auto maker says the airbag will be featured in an undisclosed Toyota model to be released in Japan in the near future. When a vehicle is hit from the side, the airbag deploys from the top of the console to act as a barrier ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Introduce Rear-Seat Center Airbag" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.