PARIS — Toyota Motor Corp. is introducing its first gasoline direct-injection (GDI) engine in Europe on the U.K.-built Avensis. Toyota's D-4 2.0L engine is an inline 4-cyl. design capable of 150-hp at 5,700 rpm and 200 Nm (147 ft.-lbs.) of torque at 4,000 rpm. Compared to the 2.0L engine it replaces, it has 17% more horsepower, 12.4% more torque and consumes 7% less fuel (7.7L/100 km, or 31 mpg). The engine gives Avensis a 0-100 km/h (62 mph) time of 9.1 seconds and a top speed of 210 km/h ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota introduces GDI in Europe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.