Toyota Motor Corp. has decided against developing a personal Internet system for its data communications with suppliers and says it will begin in 2000 evaluation of the Automotive Network eXchange. ANX is a secure Internet alternative for high-bandwidth interaction between suppliers and automakers that was conceptualized in 1996 and officially launched last year by the U.S. Big Three. While ANX has been labeled a short-term solution in the fast paced information age, Toyota decided to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Likely To Join ANX" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.