Toyota Motor Corp. is planning on building 4-wheel-drive SUVs in China, possibly beginning in 2004, say Japanese news reports. Toyota reportedly will build the Land Cruiser Prado at its bus-making joint venture plant in China’s Sichuan Province, with targeted annual output of 1,000-2,000 units. Toyota already produces small cars at a JV in Tianjin, north of Beijing.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Make SUVs in China in 2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.