Toyota Motor Corp. reportedly will move production of Hilux pickup trucks from its Hino Motors Ltd. subsidiary in Japan to an existing Toyota facility in Thailand by 2004. Toyota wants to increase output in Thailand, where it has the capacity to build 240,000 vehicles annually. It currently produces about 50,000 units there. Toyota sold 83,914 sedans and light trucks in Thailand last year. A Thai government official says Toyota will announce plans Feb. 11 to raise its annual car exports ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Moving Hilux Production to Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.