Toyota Motor North America Inc.’s top executive says the auto maker is pursuing plug-in hybrid/electric vehicles (PHEVs) and is considering a line of vehicles that run on ethanol-based fuels. Jim Press, president of Toyota Motor Corp.’s New York-based North American holding company, tells the National Press Club in Washington this week that PHEVs are capable of traveling greater distances than traditional HEVs before switching over to the gasoline engine, thus saving additional fuel. A ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Moving on Plug-in Hybrids, E85 Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.