Toyota Motor Corp. is prepared to move its regional head office to Thailand from Singapore if the price is right. Thai Deputy Prime Minister Korbsak Sabhavasu tells the Bangkok Post the proposal came up during talks with Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. President Kyoichi Tanada. Toyota already has three plants and a research-and-development center in Thailand, and company officials say having the regional head office in the country would ensure more efficient management, Korbsak says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Mulls Relocating Asian Headquarters to Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.