Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. builds its 1 millionth Camry, the model that now makes up nearly half the number of Toyotas built in Australia since local manufacture began 41 years ago. In April, Toyota Australia produced its 2 millionth vehicle. The 1 millionth Camry was built in Australia after 18 years of production at an annual average rate above 55,000 units. Camry built in Altona plant. Camry output began locally in 1987 at the Port Melbourne plant and moved to the Altona ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Oz Builds 1 Millionth Camry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.