Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd. is scaling back production in what it calls the most serious challenge it has faced in its 50 years in the country. “I think we have to invent something that we have never done before in terms of (a) production system, as well as in terms of how to sell a car,” Toyota CEO Max Yasuda tells the Australian Broadcasting Corp.’s Inside Business TV show. “Up until the end of last year, the market in the Middle East was better off than any place. So our export ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Oz Latest Auto Maker to Cut Output; GM Holden Mulls Further Action" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.