Toyota Motor Corp. says it will pour an additional E300 million ($260 million) into its plant in Walbrzych, Poland, to increase gearbox production and to build passenger car engines. Toyota’s initial outlay for the plant totaled E100 million ($87.7 million). The powertrain facility will supply a new E1.5 billion ($1.3 billion) vehicle assembly plant Toyota is building with PSA Peugeot Citroen in Kolin, the Czech Republic.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Plans More Investment in Poland" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.