Toyota Motor Ind. Poland (TMIP) completes a €200 million ($264 million) investment program at its powertrain plant to begin production of a new 2L diesel that will find its way under the hood of the U.K.-built Avensis. Annual capacity at TMIP is targeted at 180,000 engines, which includes two versions of the 2L mill, one producing 150 hp and another generating 177 hp. The additional output will boost employment levels at the plant from 350 to 900 workers in 2006.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Poland Diesel Production Begins" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.