Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. delivered a record 269,023 vehicles in May, driving closer to overtaking No.2 Ford Motor Co. for the year. The Japanese auto maker already has sold 1.085 million vehicles in the U.S. in the first five months, just behind Ford's 1.131 million. Toyota's May tally did eclipse Ford's, which delivered 259,470 units in the month. The Prius hybrid-electric vehicle again was a top performer, setting an all-time record for any month with sales of 24,009 units, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Posts Record Sales in May; Prius Deliveries Surge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.