The U.S. Internal Revenue Service has certified Toyota Motor Corp.’s Prius hybrid gas-electric model for a $2,000 clean-burning fuel tax deduction. In a letter sent last month to Toyota, the IRS says the ’01, ’02 and ’03 model Prius qualifies for “the full $2,000 tax deduction available to individual consumer purchasers,” says a Toyota spokesman. In May, the IRS announced it was extending tax credits to hybrid vehicles. It already gives credits to owners of electric vehicles. (see ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Prius Eligible for $2,000 Tax Deduction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.