PHOENIX – Toyota Motor Corp. confirms it will build the Camry hybrid in the U.S. beginning late next year, marking the first time it will produce a hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) in North America, officials at a Toyota active safety seminar here say. The announcement from Toyota Motor Mfg. North America caps months of speculation and hints from Toyota that it would, for a variety of business factors, begin to source some HEV production in North America. Hybrid version of Camry to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota to Produce Hybrid in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.