TOKYO – The massive Toyota Motor Corp. juggernaut is speeding up, and a new slogan might be: “You ain’t seen nothing yet.” For the six months ended Sept. 30, the auto maker announced record consolidated results across the board, including global sales up 8.1% to 4.1 million units and net income rising 36.2% to ¥777.2 billion ($6.7 billion). Now, Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe is putting competitors on alert with a midterm business plan calling for expansion almost everywhere in the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Pushes Ahead With Global Expansion Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.