LA JOLLA, CA – Toyota Motors Sales U.S.A. officials say the Toyota RAV4 electric vehicle coming next year consistently achieves 100 miles (161 km) of range, but more work remains on slashing the zero-emissions vehicle’s charging time and refining its driving dynamics. TMSUSA engineers currently get between 80 and 120 miles (129-193 km) of range between charges, but recharging via a typical U.S. 120V outlet takes as long as 28 hours. Bumping up to a 240V service cuts the cross/utility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota RAV4 EV Travels 100 Miles, But Faces Big Charging Hurdle" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.