Toyota Motor Corp. says it has sold half a million hybrid-electric vehicles worldwide. Cumulative HEV sales reached 513,000 in late October, Toyota says. Japan accounts for 229,500 unit sales, while overseas regions, which includes the U.S., account for 283,800 units. Toyota debuted its first mass-market HEV, the Prius, in Japan in 1997. In 2000, the Prius was launched in North America and Europe. The following year the Crown luxury sedan mild hybrid, the Estima Hybrid minivan and Dyna ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Reaches 500,000 Hybrid Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.