Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 724,419 vehicles in Japan, comprising nine different models, because of a possible gearbox problem that could affect steering. The models included in the recall are certain Crown, Mark II, Chaser and Cresta cars built from March 1995 to February 1999, say reports. Also affected are some Crown police cruisers. No accidents or injuries have been reported relating to the defect, which was discovered after two customer complaints of unusual noise emanating ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Recalling Nine Models in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.